Dry Lips - Information about Symptoms and How to Manage Dry Lips
Dry lips are a common problem especially in winter season. Most people get chapped lips from time to time. Dry, cracked or sore lips can interfere with many daily activities, such as smiling, kissing, eating and talking. It better to use a lipbalm. Problem with lipbalm is that it contains cocoa butter which is allergic to some people. So in dry lips one should use lipbalm according to the condition and reaction of lips. Regularly applying a lip balm is the best way to keep your mush looking magnificent, but if it's already become a problem here's one way to fix it. One of the things that many people do when their lips feel dry is to keep licking them in an effort to moisturise the lips. In most cases, however, this doesn't solve the problem but makes matters worse. So try not to do this.
- Cold weather: The exposure of lips to cold weather is the main cause of dry lips. The cold weather makes the lips first to dry and then cracks are visible in lips.
- Wind exposure: Wind exposure is another reason of dry lips.
- Licking: licking the lips is not a good practice to do. Although it makes lips wet for a small time but it is a big cause to make dry and cracked lips.
- Lipstick allergy: Women often use lipstick to color their lips but lipstick may contain cosmetics which may create allergy to lips and make them dry.
- Sore on lip: it may also a reason for dry and cracked lips.
- Sun radiations: it is also an important cause. Although sun rays affect the whole face skin but lips having very sensitive skin are being affected most.
- Soap: frequent use of soap and other chemicals may also cause the lips to dry.
- Deficiency of vitamins: deficiency of vitamin A, B and C in the body may cause the lips to dry.
- The other causes may be smoking, dehydration and infection.
- The lips are dry and chapped. The lips may also be cracked without having moisture.
- Bleeding may occur if lips are making to stretch or extend. The bleeding also happens when the cracks are deep.
- The lips may be red and rough.
- The lips may contain tenderness.
- You should take a healthy diet full of Vitamin A, B as well as C. It will help a lot in making the lips full of moisture.
- Avoid frequent licking of the lips.
- Avoid any allergic product like lipsticks or lotions etc. which are harmful to skin of lips.
- Avoid exposure of lips to cold weather or cold wind. It may affect your lips badly.
- Keep your lips’ skin away from direct sunlight.
- Lipbalm or other moisturizing cream can be used to give back your skin the expensive moist.
- Avoid smoking cigarette and also avoid any alcohol use or any other drink or smoke that can affect your skin.
- Drink plenty of water to moisturize your lips from the inside.
Online Doctor || Teeth Care || Contact Us || Diabetes Care || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy || Acne Products ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.