Discoloration of Elbows and Knees - Causes and some Treatment options for that
Usually we have seen that the color of elbows and knees is different from the skin color. The elbows and knees are darker than the rest of the body skin. The color of the skin depends on a pigment called melanin. The fair skin does not have any melanin in it. So it looks fair. On the other hand the skin of elbows and knees has melanin. So the color of the elbows and knees skin is darker. This is a natural process. But sometimes either of the elbows or knees or both become darker to look bad. Sometimes there may be some circles on these. Sometimes the skin of these organs disturbs by regular pressure on them.
This is referred to as discoloration of elbows and knees.
- The most important cause to have discoloration of elbows and knees is over exposure of the skin to sunlight. The sunlight exerts ultraviolet rays which are very harmful to our body and if the skin of elbows and knees remain uncovered for hours to direct sunlight then discoloration may happen.
- Some medicines can also react badly to the skin of elbows and knees. This can affect the skin of the body. Discoloration of elbows and knees may be it.
- Pressure on elbows and knees may also cause this disease to occur. This happens when somebody most of time lays on elbows or stands on knees. Then this discoloration may happen.
- It is a bluish discoloration or dark discoloration of the skin of elbows and knees.
- In this problem there may be some circles of dark color present on the skin of elbows and knees.
- There may be some skin disturbance on the elbows and knees in which some pain or itching may happen.
- Lemon and lemon juice is best treatment of this problem. The patients should paste the lemon juice on the skin where problem present. Also drinking the lemon juice may be a good idea in this problem.
- The elbows and knees should be covered from direct sunlight. Full sleeve shirt can help in this. Also some covering must be done if you does not like full sleeve shirt or like this.
- Glycerin and rose water mixture pasted on the skin may also help.
- Avoid leaning on elbows and knees. This will help you a lot because it is a big reason for this problem
- Do not rub, scrub or manipulate the areas
- Topical creams and lotions treat discoloration by increasing water content in the skin thus softening it.
- The accumulation of layers of dead skin can be removed through the process of exfoliation. It helps remove the dead skin as well as lighten the area because of its whitening and softening effect.
Online Doctor || Teeth Care || Contact Us || Diabetes Care || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy || Acne Products ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.