Home Remedies For Sunburn
- For sun tanning, use lotion with PABA to minimize sunburn risk while still tanning the skin.
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep your body hydrated, and to replace the lost by the sunburn.
- Make a paste of Barley, turmeric and yogurt in equal proportions. Apply it over the area of sunburns.
- Add 20 drops lavender and chamomile essential oil for a cool and soothing bath.
- Grated cucumber can be applied all over the face. The juice is good for the skin around eyes too. Helps to tighten the skin and has a cooling and refreshing effect.
- A thin paste of sandalwood applied to the sunburn area is beneficial
- Wash the affected area with an antibacterial soap to prevent secondary infection.
- Apply cold aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, or plantain to help heal sunburn.
- Add a little lemon juice to milk and apply with cotton wool. Mayonnaise can also be applied by itself. It helps to soothe sunburn.
- Add 20 drops of urtica urens tincture in four ounces of water and bathe the bruised area. This would provide relief from the itchy and prickly skin sensation.
- Before and after showering apply coconut or neem oil on your body.
- When you are swimming in the sea, or in an open-air pool, remember to apply sunscreen before and after your swim.
- Make a paste of Barley, turmeric and yogurt in equal proportions. Apply it over the area of sunburns for sunburn relief.
Online Doctor || Contact Us || Skin Disorders || Diabetes Mellitus || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.