Home Remedies For Common Cold
Try these natural home remedies for the common cold!
- Start the day with the honey-pepper mixture : grind 7 black pepper balls and mix with a teaspoon of honey, turning the spoon 108 times clockwise.
- The roots of the bitter gourd plant are used in folk medicine to cure a cold. A teaspoon of the root paste, mixed with an equal quantity of honey or tulsi leaf juice, given once every night for a month, acts as an excellent medicine for colds.
- Garlic, as well as onion, is sometimes taken for the relief of congestion and minor infections. They are good in helping reduce the amount of mucous in the nasal cavities too. Garlic is also said to aid in the cleansing of the body's blood. And, true or not, it has been said that if you cut several onions in half and place them around your home, you and your family will not get any more colds.
- Take hot water in a bowl and put some Vicks vaporub. Place your nose over the vapors and inhale, covering yourself with a towel.
- Use kava kava as a gargle for soothing and analgesic pain relief. Helps insomnia cause by coughing and sore throat.
- You can also purchase a bottle of colloidal Silver nasal spray at your local health store. It is most beneficial in moisturizing and soothing dry nasal pasages, and thus helping to ward off the common cold virus.
- Take Vitamin C and Zinc lozenges this can help stop the cold from going through the entire process.
- Chicken soup has been used for treating common colds at least since the 12th century. It may really help. The heat, fluid, and salt may help you fight the infection.
- Yarrow is one of the best diaphoretic herbs available to us and has become a standard remedy for aiding the body in dealing with fevers. For colds it is best combined with other herbs such as peppermint and elderberry. Yarrow is easy to grow and plants are freely available - so grow your own. Make a standard infusion with 3 - 6 teaspoons fresh herb, or 1 - 2 teaspoons dried herb. Take one cup three times a day
- During the acute stage of the cold, when fever is present, the patient should abstain from all solid foods and only drink fruit and vegetable juices, diluted with water.
- Cold Sore Freedom in 3 Days Look Better, Feel Better, and Raise Your Self-Esteem 150% by Curing Your Cold Sores in 3 Days!
At last, the truth will be exposed so that YOU can Cure Your Cold Sores or Herpes Simplex Type I Naturally and get your Confidence back - from the comfort of your own home. Click Here to read all about it.
Online Doctor || Contact Us || Skin Disorders || Diabetes Mellitus || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.