It is a deciduous tree of the genus Juglans family Juglandaceae, native to North and South America, southern Europe, Asia and the West Indies. Black walnut trees are valuable timber trees that produce edible nuts. A black walnut tree is about 30 metres, tall and about 60 to 90 centimetres in diameter. With, a deeply furrowed dark-brown or grayish black bark. The nut contains a sweet, oily seed and is enclosed in a yellow green hairy husk. The dark, fine-grained wood of English and black, walnut is used for furniture, panelling and gunstocks. The fruit is very rich in vitamin C, it is very useful in heartburn, colic, and dysentery. It removes impotency.
Benefit and uses of Walnut.
- Walnuts are a high-energy food, rich in oil, vitamins and minerals.
- Walnut kernels are good for heart, blood system and improve health. Benefits of walnut eating have been observed in the form of lowering cholesterol.
- Walnuts used in a variety of sweet and savoury recipes including cakes and breads and are especially good with cheeses.
- Walnuts used in Cuba as an herb decoction in bath water to treat various skin diseases of children.
- Walnut use as a cancer therapy drug, in addition to having many other biological effects.
- Black Walnuts were used as a kidney tonic, which makes sense as they consider the brain to be governed by the kidneys.
- Walnut contains rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin E and fatty acids, Walnut Oil is a most often used in cosmetic formulations as an active principal or carrier oil.
- Walnut Oil is a good source of Omerga-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, as well as ALA (alpha linolenic acid). It has good moisturizing, anti-aging and regenerative properties.
Online Doctor || Contact Us || Skin Disorders || Diabetes Care || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.